LSU provides its faculty, staff, and students with an LSU E-mail Account named LSUMail. It is powered by the Microsoft's Office 365 cloud service and the web interface has been customized for LSU. Your e-mail address will be: [Your PAWS ID] @lsu.edu. LSUMail / Office 365 is also known by the following names: OWA, Exchange Online, Outlook, and Outlook Web App.
E-mail: LSU Overview
LSUMail POP & IMAP Settings
Log into LSUMail through Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- When using mail.lsu.edu, you need to include the @lsu.edu at the end of your PAWS ID. ex. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office365 ProPlus: LSU Overview - Free Microsoft Office product with your LSUMail account
Setting Up LSUMail on your Mobile Device
Eligibility and Quotas
Available To: LSU Faculty, Staff, Students, and Retirees. (Baton Rouge Campus ONLY.)
Request Service: Register an LSUMail Password.
Authentication: A current PAWS ID (click for more info). You should have received this information during your employee hiring process.
Quota Limits: Each Mailbox allows for 50 GB of E-mail storage. Please visit the links below for other LSUMail limits.
Delivery Time: 2 hours after the Password is registered.
Register an LSUMail Password
1. Login to the myLSU Portal.
2. Click email on the left hand side menu.
3. Click Register a Password.
Note: After you Register a Password, you can go directly to mail.lsu.edu to view LSUMail e-mail.
Independent Password: The LSUMail Password is NOT SYNCHRONIZED with your PAWS ID Password. (View Security Information on this Policy.)
Password Management: Unlike your PAWS ID Password, you will NEVER be prompted to change your LSUMail Password. You are in control and decide when to change your password.
4. On the LSUMail Password Change screen, specify a New Password for LSUMail.
5. Re-enter the New Password for verification.
- The password must be between 10-16 characters in length and be composed of letters and numbers.
- Special characters are encouraged.
6. Click Submit to process your password.
7. Wait a couple of minutes to allow this process to complete.
8. Open your LSUMail E-mail Account:
- Either: OWA (Outlook Web Access):
- Or: Setup an E-mail Client:
Account Retention and Deletion
LSUMail Accounts are valid for the duration of an individual’s active relationship with LSU. Depending on an individual's status with the university, a PAWS account may become a candidate for deletion.
- Faculty and Staff who have Resigned: Access to LSUMail is disabled 30 days following separation from the university.
- Faculty and Staff who have Retired: Access to the primary LSUMail Account is retained and renewable in 10 year increments via e-mail.
- In order for LSU Employees to be able to access financial and tax documents, the myLSU Portal (my.lsu.edu) will persist for the calendar year following the last year of employment.
Training and Support
Getting Started with Outlook Web App (OWA)
Contacts and Groups
Calendar and Reminders
Junk E-mail Settings
Working with Attachments
Help Video: Organizing E-Mail
Help Video: Configure Automatic Replies
ITS Web Browser Recommendation
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Access my LSUMail Account?
The easiest way is with a web browser. In the address field, type: mail.lsu.edu.
What is my LSUMail Login ID?
The login ID is also known as the "Microsoft Online Services ID". It is just your LSU e-mail address. Ex. email@example.com.
How do I Change my LSUMail Password? or What if I can't remember my LSUMail Password?
If you know your PAWS Password, you can reset your LSUMail Password in the myLSU Portal (my.lsu.edu) by clicking Personal Preferences | Password Management. (View step-by-step instructions on how to do this.)
How do I Recover a Deleted E-mail?
When you delete an e-mail in LSUMail, you have 14 DAYS to recover the e-mail. For more information, see LSUMail: Recover Deleted E-mails.
What happens to my LSUMail Account when I leave LSU?
For Faculty and Staff, unless you retire from LSU, your LSUMail Account will be suspended 30 days after LSU Human Resources lists you as an "Inactive Employee". It will be Deleted approximately 1 year after it is Suspended.
Note: You will receive an e-mail notification when you leave LSU about the impending suspension.
For Students, your LSUMail Account will be suspended after three inactive semester.
For more information about this, please see: LSUMail: Retention of Accounts
What Programs and Operating Systems Support LSUMail?
LSUMail supports a wide variety of e-mail programs that run on all types of platforms and operating systems. See the ways to Connect to LSUMail.
LSU Support and Policy Statements
LSU Help Desk: Contact Information
LSU Policy Statements
LSU Microsoft Campus License Agreement