LSU Faculty, Staff & Graduate Students (Upon Request).
Request a Mainframe Account:
1. Open the myLSU Portal (my.lsu.edu).
2. Click Computing Services | IMS/TSO Account Request from the left side.
3. Mainframe security access can then be requested under Financial Services | Security Access Request.
(NOTE: There Are 4 Different Ways to Connect.)
1. The Web Start Version of HOD is an IBM Java-based terminal emulator used to connect to an LSU Mainframe session which requires client software to be installed.
Compatible with Windows, Mac, & Linux.
Download, Install & Configure the Host On-Demand Web Start Client.
2. The Web Browser Version of HOD is a way of connecting to the Mainframe without installing client software.
Open the Web Browser Version of HOD.
3. The TN3270 Application is a FREE OS X Application created by Brown University and available for download from TigerWare. It allows computers running Mac OS X to connect to LSU Mainframe.
Compatible with Mac OS X. (This product is an open-license, terminal-emulation program that requires the installation of a client software.)
Download, Install & Configure the TN3270 Application.
4. The TN3270 App is a FREE App for mobile devices available for download from iTunes. It allows iOS X & Android Devices to connect to the LSU Mainframe.
Compatible with iOS X & Android.
Download, Install & Configure the TN3270 Lite App.
Help Desk Contact Information
LSU Policy Statements