LSU provides its Faculty & Staff with an LSU E-mail Account that we call LSUMail. It is powered by the Microsoft's Office 365 cloud service and the web interface has been customized for LSU. Your e-mail address will be: [Your PAWS ID] @lsu.edu. LSUMail / Office 365 is also known by the following names: OWA, Exchange Online, Outlook & Outlook Web App.
E-mail: LSU Overview - Provides details on ALL LSU E-mail Systems: (1) LSU Student E-mail - TigerMail, (2) LSU Faculty & Staff E-mail - LSUMail, & (3) LSU Alumni E-mail.
LSUMail POP & IMAP Settings
Log into LSUMail through Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- When using mail.lsu.edu, you need to include the @lsu.edu at the end of your PAWS ID. ex. email@example.com.
Eligibility & Quotas
Available To: LSU Faculty, Staff & Retirees. (Baton Rouge Campus ONLY.)
Request Service: Register an LSUMail Password.
Authentication: A current PAWS ID (click for more info). You should have received this information during your employee hiring process.
Quota Limits: Each Mailbox allows for 50 GB of E-mail storage. Please visit the links below for other LSUMail limits.
LSUMail: Mailbox Limits
LSUMail: Sending Limits
Delivery Time: 2 hours after Password is registered.
Register an LSUMail Password
1. Login to the myLSU Portal.
2. Click the email link, located on the top right.
3. Click Register a Password, located on LSUMail Central, which will display ONLY the first time that you click the email button.
Note: After you Register a Password, you can go directly to mail.lsu.edu to view LSUMail e-mail.
Independent Password: The LSUMail Password is NOT SYNCHRONIZED with your PAWS ID Password. (View Security Information on this Policy.)
Password Management: Unlike your PAWS ID Password, you will NEVER be prompted to change your LSUMail Password. You are in control and decide when to change your password.
Note: The following information about PAWS password registration is just a reference guide to how you will create your LSUMail password- however, as stated above, you DO NOT need to change the LSUMail password at any specified time unless you choose to do so.
PAWS Password Security Levels
Security Level of your PAWS Password will determine how often you will be REQUIRED to change it. This is also referred to as Password Strength.
The PAWS Account Password MUST be Changed Periodically. Every 60 Days OR Every 90 Days depending on the Password Strength.
- Red: Does NOT Meet Minimum Requirements.
- Password DOES NOT meet the Minimum Requirements
- Orange: Does NOT Meet Minimum Requirements.
- Password DOES NOT meet the Minimum Requirements
- Yellow: Option 1 Password Requirements.
- Must be 10-14 Characters Long
- Expires in 60 Days
- Green: Option 2 Password Requirements
- Must be at least 15 Characters Long
- Expires in 180 Days
Reset Your Password
Your Password Strength will change as you type your New Password.
- Color will go from Red to Orange to Yellow, then potentially to Green.
- Your Password MUST be Yellow OR Green to be Accepted.
4. Wait a couple of minutes to allow this process to complete.
5. Open your LSUMail E-mail Account:
- Either: OWA (Outlook Web Access):
- Or: Setup an E-mail Client:
Account Retention & Deletion
LSUMail Accounts are valid for the duration of an individual’s active relationship with LSU. Depending on an individual's status with the university, a PAWS account may become a candidate for deletion.
- Faculty & Staff who have Resigned: Access to LSUMail is disabled 30 days following separation from the university.
- Faculty & Staff who have Retired: Access to the primary LSUMail Account is retained and renewable in 10 year increments via e-mail.
- In order for LSU Employees to be able to access financial & tax documents, the myLSU Portal (my.lsu.edu) will persist for the calendar year following the last year of employment.
Training & Support
Getting Started with Outlook Web App (OWA)
Contacts and Groups
Calendar and Reminders
Junk E-mail Settings
Working with Attachments
Help Video: Organizing E-Mail
Help Video: Configure Automatic Replies
ITS Web Browser Recommendation
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Access my LSUMail Account?
The easiest way is with a web browser. In the address field, type: mail.lsu.edu.
What is my LSUMail Login ID?
The login ID is also known as the "Microsoft Online Services ID". It is just your LSU e-mail address. Ex. firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I Change my LSUMail Password? or What if I can't remember my LSUMail Password?
If you know your PAWS Password, you can reset your LSUMail Password in the myLSU Portal (my.lsu.edu) by clicking Personal Preferences | Password Management. (View step-by-step instructions on how to do this.)
How do I Recover a Deleted E-mail?
When you delete an e-mail in LSUMail, you have 14 DAYS to recover the e-mail. For more information, see LSUMail: Recover Deleted E-mails.
What happens to my LSUMail Account when I leave LSU?
Unless you retire from LSU, your LSUMail Account will be Suspended 30 days after LSU Human Resources lists you as an "Inactive Employee". It will be Deleted approximately 1 year after it is Suspended.
Note: You will receive an e-mail notification when you leave LSU about the impending suspension.
What Programs and Operating Systems Support LSUMail?
LSUMail supports a wide variety of e-mail programs that run on all types of platforms and operating systems. See the ways to Connect to LSUMail.
LSU Support & Policy Statements
LSU Help Desk: Contact Information
LSU Policy Statements
LSU Microsoft Campus License Agreement
2/11/2015 4:12:11 PM