Multimedia Classrooms: LSU Overview
View Complete Multimedia Classroom List.
Classrooms are requested through the Registrar's Office and are funded by the LSU Student Technology Fee. Student Technology Assistants check the classrooms on an average of 3 times per week to check out the proper operation of the installed equipment. Issues are fixed or reported to Multimedia Classroom Support for immediate repairs or replacements before the start of the next scheduled classes. In addition to weekly maintenance, all classrooms are checked during semester breaks for necessary replacements and improvements.
Multimedia Classroom Support
The Multimedia Classroom Support team supports the University’s needs for presentation media equipment by maintaining, scheduling, and circulating equipment to all segments of the campus.
- Traditional Audio / Video equipment, as well as portable multimedia equipment, is available for delivery to classrooms as well as on-campus offices. Instructional assistance in the proper use of the equipment is available upon request.
- All classrooms are equipped with an Overhead Projector, an Audio / Video Cart, and a Wall- or Ceiling- Mounted Projection Screen.
There are 219 CLASSROOMS at LSU --
Multimedia Classrooms = 184 (85%)
Computer Classrooms = 7 (3%)
Non-Multimedia Classrooms = 26 (12%)
**IMPORTANT ** BUILIDING CONSTRUCTION ** CLASSROOM RETRO-FIT ** PLANNING MULTIMEDIA CONSTRUCTION **
If your department is planning on creating multimedia classrooms, ITS NEEDS TO KNOW and needs be involved in the planning stages.
PLEASE READ THIS: Multimedia Classroom Budgeting and Procurement.
Classrooms Computer Specifications
Software on the Computer:
Request Software HERE. (Specify the Audience to be: Multimedia Classrooms.)
Software Available in Computer Labs, Classrooms, and VLab
Hardware in the Classroom:
Desktop computer with DVD drives, VCR Player, and Document Camera.
Provisions for auxiliary audio and video hook-ups.
A 6-input source switcher/controller on the podium makes toggling between the sources and control over the projection possible.
LCD projector(s), Audio amplifier and speaker(s), and a wall-mounted projection screen.
IP devices which allow remote control and monitoring of projection systems.
Equipment Check-Out Program
Use of equipment is free of charge if it is to be used in credit courses offered on campus. Use of equipment not associated with scheduled courses is subject to a rental charge. (ONLY RENTED IF... there is No Academic Need for the equipment.)
Requests for equipment should be made by calling 225.578.7622 at least one day in advance. Late requests will be honored if inventory and our delivery schedule permit.
The borrower is required to sign a reservation form at the time of pick-up. The borrower is responsible for the care of the equipment while in possession. The equipment and components must be returned as packaged and as indicated on the reservation form. An extension on the use of the equipment may be granted based on availability.
Any damaged or stolen equipment should be immediately reported to our office.
Office Hours & Location
Multimedia Classrooms (MMC)
121 Himes Hall
For the Fall & Spring Semesters:
Monday - Thursday 7:30 AM - 7:30 PM & Friday 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
For Summer Semesters & In-Between Semesters:
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
1. A telephone in each classroom connects directly to Multimedia Classroom Support for reporting computer or multimedia equipment problems. ITS will field computer related calls and route all equipment calls to CTSS where on-the-phone and remote control assistance will be provided. A Student Technology Assistant is promptly sent to the classroom if remote assistance did not resolve the problem.
2. Schedule a Visit from a Student Technology Assistant.
3. Faculty and TA’s can call 578-7622 for an on-site orientation to MMCs and instruction in the proper use of multimedia equipment in these classrooms.
View the attached presentation to learn via the Electronic Podium Instructional Guide.
LSU Support & Policy Statements
Help Desk Contact Information
11/4/2013 9:36:34 AM