ITS Web Hosting: LSU Overview
Web Sites hosted by ITS are backed-up nightly & are mirrored to a back-up web server. (50-MB Allocated per Web Client.)
Related Links (provided by the Office of Communications & University Relations): (1) Website Development Options & (2) Online Communication Policies & Guidelines.
Eligibility & Order Procedures
Available To: LSU Faculty, Staff & Departments.
Authorizations: Requests for web sites are Approved & Prioritized by the Office of Communications and University Relations.
Delivery Time: 2-Business Days to complete the web site Evaluation. (AFTER the Evaluation, Approval & Prioritization, you will receive a NEW Delivery Time for completed web site.)
Request a Web Site
- Contact Lori Kemp of the Office of Communications & University Relations for Evaluation / Approval. ( email@example.com; 225-578-2031 )
Requests are Evaluated & Approved / Denied on a Case-By-Case Basis.
- Contact your College or Department Business Manager or Technology Support Professional.
Ask if they provide web space for Faculty within their college or department's web site.
- Use a REDIRECT LINK to point an lsu.edu address to your web site's address.
For Example: www.lsu.edu/sailingclub can point to wordpress.com/mysite1234.
Web Development Tools
LSU Faculty, Staff & Departments --
An LSU Themed Template will be provided, however we DO NOT have the staff or the resources to assist you personally in site customization.
1. LSU WCMS / Rhythmyx
2. LSU WordPress Environment
3. LSU Community Moodle
4. Web Hosting through TigerBytes II. (How to Use TigerBytes II to Host a Public Web Site?)
- Free Web Tools that are Recommended:
LSU Students & Student Organizations --
Information Technology Services is NO LONGER providing web sites for LSU Students or LSU Student Organizations. These are managed by The Office of the Vice Chancellor for the Division of Student Life.
1. Student Organization Community (Provided by Campus Life)
5. LSU Community Moodle
How to Configure SFTP for Web Development?
Accounts with a non-lsu.edu suffix are treated as separate, virtual sites. The web page address (URL) will be www.user_defined_name.domain.
- Request an Account to be Issued & Published:
1. Approval from the Vice Chancellor for IT, Brian Nichols. Requests MUST be submitted to the Office of the VCIT via email in care of: John Borne, Chief IT Security & Policy Officer. Further documentation via a written memo may, upon occasion, be required and should be sent to Office of the VCIT, attention of John Borne, Chief IT Security & Policy Officer, LSU Information Technology Services, 200 Frey Computing Services Center.
2. Registration by the user of the non-lsu.edu domain name with a registration company such as Network Solutions or Register.com.
3. Create a new work order with type NISE - Software Engineering at https://newservicerequest.lsu.edu. (** Get help filling out this request. **)
4. Contact the domain registration company to point the non lsu.edu domain name to the LSU Domain Name Server.
5. Contact with ITS to get an individual host name (example: www.user_defined_name.domain) registered with the DNS as an alias of www.lsu.edu.
6. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have the new hostname added to the Web server.
StudioWeb Has Retired (Decommissioned)
StudioWeb : A website development tool that WAS available for the LSU campus. (STUDIOWEB IS NO LONGER OFFERED AT LSU.)
If you still have a StudioWeb web site, you can either DELETE the website OR you can MIGRATE the website to WCMS.
LSU Support & Policy Statements
Help Desk Contact Information
10/21/2013 11:42:01 AM